Sunday, March 22, 2009

Opus 1

Although me and Yune made bets all the way to school on whether I'd be late...I turned up 2 minutes early for homeroom. Yune's penalty? He had to watch the latest chick flick with me and buy me my favourite peanut M&Ms. However, he didn't seem too upset about it. He kissed me on the cheek before he left for the Grade 12 commonroom. Hmph. Yune was always too cool.

Slowly, a hand clamped around my shoulder and I was conscious of a looming figure behind me. Any minute now..."AIRI! WE HAVE TWO TRANSFER STUDENTS!" exploded Tiffany. She swivelled me round to face her. "Did I get you? Did I scare you?" "You touched me before you said anything," I laughed. "Anyway, what's this about transfer students?"


If you want to know anything about anyone, Tiffany is the person to ask. She literally keeps notebooks on transfer students as far as I know and she has this obsession with green, leggings, fairy wings and pom-poms on shoes. Hence the nickname 'Tinker Bell'. But believe it or not, Tiffany hasn't even watched Peter Pan. On my crazy friend list, she's definitely number one.


"They're not boys," she suddenly began to pout. "They're a pair of identical twins but they're nothing like each other. Oh I wish they were an indentical pair of guy-hotties!" Tiffany also tended to speak in a whine which sometimes got annoying. This was one of those times. As I walked into the classroom, I located the two of them almost immediately. One was tall and thin, though quite toned, with chocolate brown hair which extended to her hips. And as usual, the guys were already forming a crowd around her. She was pretty. I found her sister harder to locate, mostly because she seemed intent on watching her desk do nothing. She was noticeably shorter, but maybe it was because she was hunching. This one wore glasses and her mousy brown hair was cut short in a bob that fell around her ears. Nobody was talking to her.


"Hey Tink, how come none of our friends are talking to her?" I whispered to TB. "I don't know." But she seemed to not want to get into details, for she pranced away to talk to the pretty brunette too. Well I wasn't going to give up that easy! I put my bags and bass down by my desk and walked towards her, trying to figure out what to say. 'Hi!' Was that too trite? 'Hey Babes!' Nah...she'd probably think I was hitting on her and bring out the pepper spray. GAH. This wasn't the time to be joking about! I'd stopped in front of her desk and she'd straightened up stiffly. "C-Can I - ?" sit here...?

"No." Her eyes were smoldering and her lips were a line. I felt like I needed to go find a stone to hide under. So this is what Tink had been implying. Just then, I was saved by my homeroom teacher. "Isaki!" "Yes!" I squeaked. "You'll be Jessica's buddy for the whole of this week, got it?" The pretty brunette was staring at me.

Then it hit me. I had to buddy her. I couldn't decide what was worse - being horrifically snubbed by a new student or having to walk around with Jessica for a week! On the other side of the room, Jessica raised a sharp eyebrow.

Yep. It was gonna be one hell of a week.

1 comment:

yuseff said...

so far so good ~~~ Will read opus 2 once i've some time